NOW FULL – Parenting using Non-violent Resistance (NVR) – A 7 week course
Sorry this course is NOW FULL!
Parenting using Non-violent Resistance (NVR)
Presented by CCS Adoption and Action 4 Children.
A 7 week course in NVR techniques and strategies for adoptive parents; NVR is an approach for parents with children or adolescents with violent, destructive or harmful behaviours. It is designed for adopters who find themselves unable to experience family life in the way that they had hoped. You may be finding limited rewards, frequent stress and feelings of being lost with the child you are living with. Traditional parenting methods may have been tried and have failed and an alternative is needed. NVR focusses on resisting the use of any physical or verbal violence; persisting in the stand against the unwanted behaviours and repairing and uniting the relationship between the parent and the child.
Attendees: The course is suitable for adoptive parents with children of all ages who are looking to embed the principles of NVR in their parenting responses to their child’s needs. NVR can take a while to understand as it can be counterintuitive for parents. The group will be a closed group and there will be a maximum of 8 attendees at each session.
Session Dates, Timings and Location: The first group meeting will be on Wednesday 18th September with subsequent sessions on 25th September , 2nd, 16th ,23rd October and 6th and 13th November. The groups will meet at CCS; 162, Pennywell Rd Bristol, BS5 0TX. From 6.30- 8.30pm.
Trainers: Erica Puttick and Clare McKenzie; Senior Adoption Practitioners Action 4 Children and Andrea Viner; Practice Manager CCS Adoption, all trainers are experienced adoption social work practitioners and have certificated advanced level NVR training.
Objectives of the programme:
- To give parents a thorough understanding of the theory which lies behind NVR.
- To enable therapeutic, positive and non-violent parenting strategies and an opportunity to practice these.
- To increase parental presence inside and outside the home.
- To help parents rebuild their relationship with their child/ren and help families to sustain.
- To provide NVR as adoption support; promoting long term change and resilience for families and creating a network of families who can support each other going forward.
Fee: Per person: £600 / Single adopter & key adult: £1100 / Couple £1100
- Please return the reservation form to the email address below. An acknowledgment email will be sent to you once this form has been received and you will be placed on our reservation list.
- If you have marked on the reservation form that you wish to fund your place via the Adoption Support Fund (ASF), we will take receipt of this form as your agreement for us to contact your Local Authority (LA) in order to request that they apply for funding from the ASF.
- Once notification of ASF funding is received from the LA, and confirmed your place(s) on the course will be confirmed via email.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 935 0005