Adopting with existing children
Adopting when you have children already in the family poses unique challenges.
This course is available for prospective adopters in Stage 1 with CCS Adoption, and in Stage 2 with other agencies.
During this training we will explore:
- The potential impact on ourselves being both birth parents and adopters, and/or adopters second time around
- The potential impact on existing children and how to anticipate and manage this
- How to parent children with differing backgrounds and needs, and why this may mean combining different parenting styles
- Methods, techniques and approaches
- How to prepare your children and wider family for the new arrival
- Sibling dynamics
- How introductions may work
This training will be facilitated by Jane Thompson (CCS Adoption Training Officer and adoptive parent), an adoptive parent who also has a birth child, and a CCS Social Worker.
Price: £50 per household (using 1 screen on Zoom).
To book on please Email firstname.lastname@example.org