Fundraising for CCS helps us to find loving families for children who need them and to provide the specialist support they need once they are adopted. Go it alone, or involve others – there are so many ways to put the fun into fundraising.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to come up with your own!
Organise your own fundraiser
- Put on a concert, carol service or performance at your school, church or community centre. Raise money for CCS by selling tickets and refreshments, and collecting donations on the night.
- Organise a Summer fete or Christmas market with proceeds to CCS. Boost your fundraising by holding a raffle and asking people to donate prizes.
- Organise a fancy dress day at work, school or amongst your friends and ask everyone to donate to get dolled up.
- Hold a cake sale at your school, church or workplace. Incorporate a bake-off and charge people to enter.
- Get sponsored to do a digital detox, be silent for a day, shave your head or grow a beard!
- Host a quiz night – charge teams to enter and ask local businesses to donate prizes
- Place one of our collection tins in the entrance hall of your school or business, or ask your local shops whether they will have one.
This is a perfect way of getting support from organisations and maximising fundraising efforts.
Can your employer match the donations of your fundraising?
If you are doing anything to raise funds for The Centre e.g. the Winter Fair, a bake sale, a sponsored run etc. you can apply. Many companies such as banks, supermarkets, phone companies etc. match their employees’ donations to charities. Just find out whether your workplace operates this scheme and you could donate double!
Celebrate with us
Celebrate your big birthday or anniversary by asking your family and friends to donate to CCS instead of giving a gift. You can set up a fundraising page on Facebook or Go Fund Me, collect in person, ask people to donate through our website or send us a cheque.
Please encourage your friends and family to add Gift Aid to their donation, allowing us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 they donate. This is easiest when donating online or through our website where you will be given this option.
Be a Good Sport!
Whether you’ve set your sights on a Marathon or just want to get fit, sporting or challenge events are a great way to have active fun and raise sponsorship towards our work with vulnerable children and families. Sign up by yourself or as part of a group.
Support us at Christmas
CCS Christmas cards feature exclusive designs by our patron and Bristol artist Jenny Urquhart. Christmas cards and now e-cards can be ordered from October each year.
Give as you Shop and Sell
Give as you Live, E-Bay and Give a Car are just three examples of ways to support CCS whilst making everyday purchases or selling online.
Talk to us
If you’d like to fundraise for us and discuss your ideas, ask a question or get help, please contact our fundraising team at 0117 935 0005 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.